Creating The Ideal Student Experience
Goals and Outcomes
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- identify and explore the elements of an ideal student learning experience
- describe the student learning experience in the protagonists’ schools
- prepare students for a blended learning environment
- explain the importance of student willingness to learn
- describe eight meta-experiences that Summit identified as critical
- explain why blended learning is beneficial for assisting students to achieve the learning goals.
- Chapters 5 and 6 from:
Horn, M. B., & Staker, H. (2014). Blended: Using disruptive innovation to improve schools. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
“To Do” List
1. Project, Part 3: Select Strategies and Resources
Please read the Project: Blended Learning Activity page for details about this assignment.
To guide you through the whole process, six parts aligned with the ASSURE model are created. The due date for each part is listed below.
- Project, Part 3: Select Strategies and Resources (Due on the 1st day of Module 11)
- Project, Part 4: Utilize Resources (Due on the 1st day of Module 14)
- Project, Part 5: Require Learner Participation (Due on the 1st day of Module 15)
- Project, Part 6: Evaluate and Revise (Due on the 1st Monday after Module 15)
You can view the exact due dates on the Course Schedule page.
2. Instructional Technology Tutorial #4
Please read the Instructional Technology Tutorial page for details about this assignment.
Submitting and Posting
- To submit your work, post URL of your Weebly page to the corresponding link under Submissions inside Moodle before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the following Monday.
- After the submission of the text, post URL of your Weebly page to the corresponding link under Weebly Pages inside Moodle before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the following Monday.
Grades on your work will be based on the requirement listed in the Instructional Technology Tutorial page. Read it carefully to get a sense of the instructor’s specific expectations.