Social Networking Tools
Goals and Outcomes
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- create a room for collaboration, communication, and discussion with TodaysMeet
- conduct group discussion with Skype
- connect expert with Skype
- create a class space with Kidblog
- embed code to Kidblog from other websites
- conduct discussion with Kidblog
- create a class with Edmodo
- invite students to enroll the class
- conduct discussion with Edmodo
- create new assignment with Edmodo
- send out class announcement via Twitter.
- Chapter 4 from:
Dembo, S. & Bellow, A (2013). Untangling the web: 20 tools to power up your teaching. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin Press.
“To Do” List
Using A Social Networking Tool for My Teaching
In this module, several online tools are introduced for facilitating class communication. Pick one of these tools and describe how you can use it for your teaching practice. You need to specify your subject area and grade level. Please be as detailed as possible so that others can duplicate your instructional idea.
Make your initial posts before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on Day 5 of this module. After making your initial postings, review at least two of your classmates’ postings and reply to their threads. Complete your replies before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the next Monday.
Discussion postings should always be thoughtful and courteous and include some references or direct evidence from the module’s content, readings, or assignments to support your statements. In order to ensure that postings are appropriate in length and substance, please limit your initial postings to 100 – 200 words and each of your responses to 25 – 50 words.
Instructional Technology Tutorial #2
Please read the Instructional Technology Tutorial page for details about this assignment.
Submitting and Posting
- To submit your work, post URL of your Weebly page to the corresponding link under Submissions inside Moodle before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the following Monday.
- After the submission of the text, post URL of your Weebly page to the corresponding link under Weebly Pages inside Moodle before 11:59 p.m. U.S. EST/EDT on the following Monday.
Grades on your work will be based on the requirement listed in the Instructional Technology Tutorial page. Read it carefully to get a sense of the instructor’s specific expectations.